Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Oreos...or something better?

Ha, so here's my story..It's long so brace yourself. Everything that I am about to say is an analogy to what really happened to me yesterday. Yesterday was terrible. I haven't had such a bad day in such a long time. Here it goes:

I desired something so badly that I thought God must have my back. It has to be part of His plan. It would get me farther in life. It will help me in my future. I was expecting a lot. But you know when you put money in a machine and it gets stuck? That was me. Let's say what I wanted so badly was a bag of oreos out of the vending machine. Well, unfortunately, my change got stuck. I never received what I wanted. Instead I was so upset all day. How could this happen? It was suppose to go well. I had such a good feeling about it. I was confident about it.

After a long time of allowing what had happened to soak in and with much guided help, I have come to this conclusion. I didn't get my oreos (the thing I wanted) because a) the change will better somebody more than myself or b) if I wait just long enough, I will get something that is much better than oreos!

Long story short and moral of the lesson: What we think is part of God's plan, may not be. But don't get upset. Remember, "Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD"(Psalm 27:14). When things go south instead of north, keep your head pointed towards the north star. Keep listening. Don't shut out the voice of Direction; the Way; the Truth; the Life. Trust. Have faith. A new door will open. I don't know what I will receive instead of oreos...all I can see right now is what would be better than oreos...,but I have faith in the fact that because He knows my best, because He is my God and Savior...a better selection is on the way, and it has already been paid for. He has paved the way.

This song has been playing on the radio non stop...coincidence?...I think not. It's definitely God.

I'm waiting. I'm waiting on You, Lord, and I am hopeful. I'm waiting on You, Lord, though it is painful. But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident takeing every step in obedience.
While I'm waiting, I will serve You. While I'm waiting, I will worship.
While I'm waiting, I will not faint.
I'll be running the race even while I wait

I'm waiting. I'm waiting on You, Lord, and I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord, though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

Lord, I am waiting. Hoping. Praying...faithfully..maybe yesterday turned into something so much more and magnificent than I thought it would.

4 comments:

  1. I love to hear stories of how God is growing people's faith in Him. I'm proud of you for learning from this experience and allowing it to grow your faith in our heavenly Father.

    Greater things are yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome insight beags92! I'll try to remember that when the oreos don't drop like they're supposed to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have already received something much more than the oreos. You have also given much more in your words and thoughts. Thanks for a beautiful start to my day!

    ReplyDelete