Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

I am moved...to be a hero for my Hero

I was moved today. Moved in my mind and heart towards something that I hadn't seen before. I knew of the pain in the world. I know of the struggles that we all have, but what I didn't know was that the pain is in the people all around me. I didn't know that I was just inches from people that are hanging on a cliff for dear life. In fact, the weird thing is is that I don't even know the people, my classmates, as well as I should, yet I know about their hangups, failures, and painful scars.

As I was sitting in my American History class today, I was surrounded by desks, literally. I was in the center and had no where to go as other people crowded around me to work in their groups. Now, granted, I did chose to work by myself, but I didn't think I would be blocked in. This blockade is what started it all. As I was reading about cases in history where citizens weren't given their rights, I started hearing all of these bizarre conversations around me. They were bits and pieces until I finally started listening to the full conversations. The conversations were nerve wracking. One group to my left was literally drug dealing before my eyes with cash under the table. I was shocked, a jock mixing in with a drug addict, now becoming one himself. To my right, I experienced a guy who was talking about the mental hospital he just got out of after several trips being admitted into children's hospital for serious cutting. He got warm in the room and took off his jacket. You could tell he was a little ashamed because the cuts were so deep the scars were permanently there for the rest of his life, and the worst part was that there wasn't a 2inch bare block on the skin without cuts. With him, I brought up a conversation about the greatness of the one day when there will be no more tears or pain in Heaven. He knew what I was talking about. He also knew the difficulty of getting out of that rut.

I then went to study hall and this song played on my iPod. I hadn't listened to it in a long time, but it is a moving song. So, I wanted to post the music video for this song on this blog, but when I started researching it, I came across really violent music videos for this song, sadly because that is what these people are going through. The pain is real. No matter what we decide to do about it there are still people with such a deep pain in side of them that they can't see the light. They are so far from Truth that they don't even know what it is anymore. They are too consumed in the mental and physical pain that they don't know there is so much more...

Watch this... I think it is a call to be a hero...to step up and be hands and feet for our Hero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNlZz3RQxos&feature=related

I don't know how yet, but at least I am heading in the right direction aware of people's circumstances. Even if it is more than I want to know just like the song lyrics say, "Thinking it's not my responsibility to solve a problem that itsn't about me. This is our problem. This is just one of the daily scenarios which we choose to close our eyes." We can't save them, but let's at least be a hero to somebody...if we made a choice to be the voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment