Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Africa...is but a dream away


What do you think of when someone mentions Africa to you? Sometimes it is so overlooked that it is considered a country. *It has 52 countries to be exact.
I came across the website that I have become very interested in over the last week. It is called www.mochaclub.org. It is similar to Blood: Water Mission; however, it is specifically directed to all of us coffee fans. Instead of spending $7 a week on coffee send it to them and the will supply education and nourishment for these people.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAB-zJPsJjs

This video explains it all. It explains what we don't see everyday on the news. It explains what we try to put in the back of our minds because it really can't be happening. But, it is. It is happening write now. In fact, if we were to gather a group of 100 people from the world(keep in mind this is 100 out of the world's population, 6.7 Billion!). Then these numbers would follow:
- 16 don't believe in God
- 18 can't read or write their own name
- 50 barely live above the poverty line
- 19 lack basic sanitaition
-16 can't even get a clean glass of water
- And something as light for us as the common cold becomes deadly without any medicine.

I believe that we all have dreams. No matter where we are, whether we can hear it or not. I think we all have dreams. Dreams that may already or not be aligned with the very will of God. I think one of God's dreams for us is to serve humanity rather than a dream of something like skydiving. A dream that is enriched with so much more than a one time rush of energy. A dream of compassion and joy that doesn't come from our circumstances.

Currently, I am trying to find that destined dream within me. The dream where I am so close to God's will that I can't help but say, Here am I. Send me.

If we don't, who will? Find that God destined dream in you to serve humanity in everyway we can from across the world to right where we are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment