Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Traditions

A lot of people have been asking me what my Christmas Traditions are. Every time, I told them that I didn't really know. Well, obviously I wasn't thinking because my family has a ton. So here it goes...
1) Stockings before presents are opened on Christmas morning
2) A special breakfast with the same dishes every year are made: 2 egg casseroles, sticky buns, and sauteed fruit.
3) Presents are traditionally opened from youngest to oldest and normally last until noon or later depending on the crowd.
4) Christmas dinner is eaten twice. Christmas day with my paternal family and the 26th with my maternal family.
5) Christmas dinner with my aunt usually consists of wacko English traditional games. (ex: Yesterday we wore paper crowns and sung carols with bazookas until we win prizes).
6) A 5 gallon bin of homemade chex-mix is made every year as well as buckeyes, hello dollies, and peanut butter fudge.
7) We go to a late night Christmas Eve service to a friend we know that preaches.
8) On the 26th a toast is made to the greatest grandfather in the world.

Everything else happens just because and we are continuing to make more traditions every year.

What are your traditions?

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping that in #5 you meant that Christmas carols are sung with KAZOOS...not BAZOOKAS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. traveling like a crazy man :P its great to hear from you

    ReplyDelete